Lacteeze Drops 15.5ml (12 Pack)
12 Pack – Best Value
LACTEEZE DROPS work differently to our caplets and tablets. They are not taken orally but are added to liquid dairy products to convert the lactose into more easily digestible glucose milk sugars. This conversion process needs to take place before the dairy product is consumed.
How It Works
Lacteeze Drops contain a form of Tilactase which is derived from yeast. This type of lactase enzyme has been used for many years to hydrolyse the lactose in milk to make lactose-free products.
Once Lacteeze is added to milk (or any other liquid dairy product) a conversion process takes place where the lactose is broken down into simple glucose and galactose milk sugars which can be more easily digested.
Lacteeze Drops can also be used to convert the lactose in milk, flavoured milk, cream, infant formula and breastmilk. By making your own lactose-free milk with Lacteeze you can decide how much lactose you want to convert. The more drops you add or the longer you leave the mixture before consumption, the more lactose is converted and the sweeter the final product is. It is also cheaper to convert your own milk with Lacteeze than to buy store-bought lactose-free products.
Lacteeze Drops should not be taken orally as the pH of the drops will render them less effective as they travel through the stomach.
Benefits of Lacteeze
- Reduces symptoms of colic associated with lactose intolerance.
- Enables mothers to continue breast feeding even when baby is lactose intolerant.
- Can be used to make your own lactose-free products.
- Can be used in cooking or frozen once the conversion process has taken place.
- Lacteeze is all natural, contains no drugs and nothing is absorbed by the body.
- Lacteeze is safe for newborns.
- Lacteeze is safe during pregnancy.
Reducing lactose in cow’s milk: Add 5 drops of Lacteeze to 1 litre of milk and refrigerate for a minimum of 24 hours. This will convert 70-80% of lactose. To convert more lactose, simply refrigerate for longer or increase the number of Lacteeze drops used to 8-10 drops.
Breast feeding: Express 2 tablespoons of breastmilk and add 4 drops of Lacteeze. Shake well and wait 5 minutes before giving mixture to baby. Then breastfeed like normal.
Bottle feeding (suitable for breastmilk or infant formula): Add 4 drops of Lacteeze to the bottle of warm feed. As every baby may have a different level of lactose intolerance you may need to adjust the dosage up or down to best suit baby. Shake well and wait 30 minutes prior to consumption. Do not refrigerate.
Advanced preparation (suitable for breastmilk or infant formula): Add 2 drops of Lacteeze to the bottle of warm feed. As every baby may have a different level of lactose intolerance you may need to adjust the dosage up or down to best suit baby. Shake well and wait 5 minutes, then refrigerate a minimum of 4 hours prior to consumption.
To convert more lactose simply leave the Lacteeze/dairy mixture for longer than the minimum times specified above.
Once conversion has completed, the mixture can be frozen or heated.
- All Natural
- No preservatives, artificial colours or flavours
- Dairy, gluten, egg and nut free
- Certified Kosher
- Do not use if the security seal is broken
Lactase 250 ALU per drop, glycerol.
- Prior to opening store in a cool, dry place at room temperature.
- Once opened store Lacteeze Drops in the fridge. Do not freeze.
- Lacteeze Drops will remain effective for 3 months after opening if stored
in the fridge.
Cautions & Warnings
- Not to be used in the management of dairy allergies.
- If symptoms persist consult your healthcare practitioner.